The fundamental purpose of the Careers Centre is to enable students and graduates of the University of Leeds to formulate and implement well informed, realistic plans for the future, at all stages from pre-entry to post graduation.
We are not solely about the provision of information, advice and guidance to individual students. In fact, this accounts for around a third of our business. We have three key audiences and they map on to our internal structure and university strategy more or less, as follows -:
- Individual students and alumni: Information, Advice and Guidance/Best Student Experience.
- Academic schools and faculties (staff and students): Faculty Services/Learning and Teaching.
- Employers: Employer Networks/Knowledge Transfer
We strive to give equal priority to each of our business areas. The major graduate recruiters place us 10th in the national 'league table' of Universities they target (High Fliers 2015)
- We tell students that it is a competitive world out there and so it is. Government, media, students and the general public are constantly comparing universities with each other. We intend to be successful and to be seen to be successful. We aim to make the range and quality of service available from our Careers Centre as good as any in the UK.
- We are not the largest university Careers Service (probably the third) but we are almost certainly the most comprehensive, in terms of range of services and facilities. We offer everything from pre-entry guidance, to a specialist MBA service, a graduate business start up programme and specialist support for research staff and students.