STEM - Internship, Placement and Graduate Recruitment Fair 2017
Date: 23 October 2017
The STEM Fair is taking place at The Edge centre sports hall on campus between 10am and 3pm on the 23rd of October. Employers will have the chance to speak to c. 2,000 targeted students about graduate and internship opportunities within their local, national and international organisations.
This fair is targeted at the students from the following faculties:
Faculty of Biological Science | Faculty of Earth and Environment | Faculty of Engineering and Computing | Faculty of Maths and Physical Sciences
The fair will provide an ideal opportunity for employers to introduce themselves and their graduate opportunities to you and for you to explore career options open to them.
Your Essential Steps to Success...
1. Research the companies attending
2. Work out who you want to meet from the list of companies below.
3. Know what you are going to ask them. First impressions are important. How will you introduce yourself? What are you going to say? What questions will you ask? If you don’t know, get advice first from your expert Careers Advisers at the Careers Centre.
4. Speak to people! You are at the fair to talk to recruiters. This face-to-face contact is crucial. You can get a real feel for the organisation and how you might fit in by talking to people who could be your future colleagues.
5. Practice makes perfect. Don’t limit yourself, be curious and keep your options open. Talk to as many employers as you can. This will also be great for building up your confidence!
Only available for University of Leeds students and recent graduates.