Every year we run hundreds of events designed to help you in your career journey.
We run events to help you gain an understanding of some of the graduate recruiters out there and find out what they do and who they are looking to recruit. We organise:
- Careers fairs
- Employer presentations and industry talks
- Employer drop-in days
- Employability skills workshops
How will our events help you?
- Give you a fantastic chance to network with employers, receive top tips and get one step ahead of your competitors
- Gain an insight into graduate jobs
- Explore work experience opportunities from a wide range of organisations
- Benefit from employers' and Careers Centre staff expertise on topics such as applications, psychometric tests or interview skills and get practical advice to improve your chances of success
Attending a careers fair is a fantastic chance to interact with employers, to find out more about the organisations and to create an initial connection with recruiters. We organise course specific careers fairs in collaboration with faculties and we also run more generic recruitment fairs where you will have the chance to meet recruiters from a wide range of industries.
Employer presentations and industry talks
An employer presentation offers an excellent opportunity to find out about working in a particular organisation, the job opportunities and selection criteria. You have the chance to talk informally with recruiters and recent graduates and to ask questions.
Employer drop-in days
These sessions provide a great chance for you to meet an employer in an informal environment, often to talk about your application in more detail. Drop in at any time, unless otherwise stated.
Employability skills workshops
These are interactive events and they offer the opportunity, in small groups, to develop your job seeking skills. Workshops are delivered either by Careers Centre staff or by employers. In these sessions, employers are offering their expertise in a particular area and not looking to recruit or to promote their organisation.
Check out our latest events in the calendar, by logging on to our events website (updated daily).