Advice, mentoring and case studies
Advice and mentoring
In the past two years over 40 businesses have been successfully started with some receiving national recognition/coverage. All these businesses have benefited from expert and experienced advisers.
Our pre-start-up advisers can help you to consider:
- your ideas
- what is motivating you to start your own business
- what skills you have in order to start your business
A resident Business adviser who will take you through all stages of business planning as well as expert mentors to provide specific and confidential advice including finance, business planning and marketing. To book to speak to a pre-start adviser contact Richard Doyle or Kairen Skelley.
Case Studies from Leeds
The following examples were all recently started by Leeds students with the help of Spark services & advice. Click on a company to find out more about their experience of starting a business:
- Bariatric Training Suits Ltd - Realistic, weighted suits that mimics the shape, proportions, movement and weight distribution of a bariatric, or overweight, person.
- Eco Market - Online marketplace has grown to support over 1,700 stall owners selling a wide range of eco-friendly, natural and fair trade products.
- JumpIn - A taxi-booking and sharing mobile application for students.
- Magpie Comms - Design and marketing service focusing on the higher education sector.
- Top Collar - wholesome, healthy and fun dog biscuits.
- Social Yorkshire - Social media training on a freelance basis.
- Image Analysis - Automated MRI data analysis.
- Wolfhound Brewing Company - A craft beer brewery
- LVNDR - Online fashion accessories store
- Youmi & Teepee - Education and play den teepee's