Resources and further information
- Enterprise At Leeds: The wider enterprise offering to students and graduates of The University of Leeds
- Leeds University Enterprise Society: A society set up by students for students to help enterprising students develop and achieve their ambitions.
- Leeds Enterprise Centre: The focal point for enterprise training at the University of Leeds including accredited enterprise modules at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Sife. Student-led teams who come up with ideas for sustainable projects, which create economic opportunity in the Leeds community. This can help you develop your entrepreneurial skills in preparation for your future.
- Social Enterprise Coalition: A national organization promoting social enterprise in the UK. Provides details of activities and resources, as well as information about how to start a social enterprise.
- AGCAS Special Interest Series: Self -employment
- GOV.UK: Provides information for business start ups.
- HM Revenue and Customs HMRC: Provides information about the UK's tax, self employment and VAT. Offers courses covering starting a business and keeping records. See also the digital education products below:
- Starting Your Own Business
- Exporting Goods UK
- Trading with other EU Countries (UKTI)
- Venture Navigator: On-line support for businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Leeds Chamber of Commerce: A networking organisation across Leeds and North Yorkshire. It is a voluntary organization, supported and funded by its membership, designed to meet business and community needs.
- Business Start-up Community UK: A Forum specifically for people starting a small business to share knowledge and information.
- Flyingstart: The National Council for Graduate Entrepreneurship (NCGE) offers a series of rallies and programmes to give undergraduates and graduate the opportunity to start their own business.
- Make your Mark: Campaigns to increase entrepreneurial behaviour amongst young people - to encourage them to have ideas and make them happen.