CVs and Cover Letters
CVs and Cover Letters are the first impression you give to a potential employer. They detail experience, range of skills and suitability for a specific role. Whether the application is speculative or for a specific vacancy, you need to present yourself in the most positive way.
A targeted CV
It is crucial that your CV is targeted to the role. In other words, you need a different CV for each role you apply for. However, there are some elements that all CVs should include and these are outlined in the different types of CV.
What is in this Section
Our webpages are full of expert information on writing CVs and Covering Letters. There is information on the types of CV, what to include and how to lay it out. We also explain what you should include in a covering letter.
To help you create that perfect CV for the job we give you the Employer's Perspective on what you should and should not include.
We have a bank of downloadable example CVs that illustrate a variety of styles and positions.
How we can help you
We offer lots of support to help you write the best CV and covering letters including:
- Workshops on how to write a CV.
- CV check drop in.
- Application support appointments.
- CV checks by MyCareer Questions if you are a previous student or away from University.
- A leaflet on writing CVs and covering letters.
- Lots of excellent books on writing different CVs in our information room at the Careers Centre.
- eBooks that you can download or read online.
- For more visit our eBooks for CVs page.
- If you have a disability you may find this section useful.
25th October 2018
26th October 2018
29th October 2018