An application form, be it online or in paper format, is the most common method for applying for jobs and further study. We are here to give you all the help and support you need to write successful applications.
In this section
- Tips on completing applications.
- Understanding what key questions are and how to answer them.
- Writing personal statements for jobs and further study.
- Employer perspectives on how to complete applications.
- Your guide to making applications leaflet with lots more advice.
- What is STAR and how to use it in applications.
- How to improve your commercial awareness.
How we can help you.
- We offer a drop-in service and bookable appointments to check your applications and give you tips on how to improve them.
- If you cannot get to the Careers Centre you can get your applications checked through MyCareer Questions.
- We run workshops and events to help you hone your application skills, network with employers and improve your commercial awareness.
- If you have to complete a psychometric test as part of the initial screening we have resources to help you practise.
- If you have a disability you may find this section useful.
- We have lots of books to help you write winning applications.
- ebooks that you can read online or download.