What is an interview?
The purpose of an interview is for the employer to find out whether you will be suitable for a particular role and fit in well with their company. It is a good way for employers to find out a bit more about your personality as well as your skills. Interviews can be a scary prospect but with ample preparation and a few helpful tips, they can be a lot less daunting.
How to impress at an interview.
The key to a successful interview is preparation. Gaining an interview is, in itself, a great achievement and this is your chance to demonstrate to the employer that you are the right person for the job. Follow the pages in this section for lots of information and advice on how to make a great impression.
What is in this section?
These pages give you lots of information on what is involved in the different types of interview and how to prepare to ensure you perform well on the day.
To help you make the best impression at an interview, we give you the employers perspective on what they are looking for.
There is a bank of downloadable resources giving more information including practice interview questions.
How we can help you.
We offer lots of support to help you prepare for your interview including:
- Giving general interview advice through our bookable appointments.
- Offering mock interviews to give you chance to practise and get valuable feedback from our expert staff.
- A range of workshops on interview technique from both graduate recruiters and Careers Centre staff
- A bank of useful resources to help you prepare for your interview.
- If you have a disability you may find this section useful.
- A wealth of excellent books in our information room and ebooks that you can download or read online such as:
For more visit our eBooks for interviews page