Statement of service for employers
The University of Leeds adheres to the Best Practice in Graduate Recruitment policy agreed by AGCAS (Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services) the AGR (Association of Graduate Recruiters) and the NUS (National Union of Students). Details of this policy can be accessed on http://www.agcas.org.uk/
The Careers Centre provides a high quality customer-focused service to all employers seeking to recruit undergraduates, postgraduates and graduates for the University.
Please see our Terms and Conditions for booking an Event through the Careers Centre
We aim to provide a comprehensive range of services to employers to support their recruitment activities. Specifically, the Centre aims to maximise the opportunities that our students have by providing a professional and innovative range of contexts for employers to meet and work with Leeds students.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Vacancy advertising
- Programme of Recruitment Fairs
- Employer Presentations Programme
- Meet & Greet Days
- Day in the Life of seminars
- Employer led career development workshops
- Facilities for interviewing and testing on campus in our self contained employer suite
- Comprehensive website
- Placements and Internships advice and promotion
- Impact our Diversity programme
- Spark our graduate start up programme
- JobLink part time vacancy information
- Sponsorship opportunities
- Links with academic departments
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- A professional, efficient and customer focused service
- Appropriately trained and experienced staff
- A commitment to work with you to help you meet your recruitment needs
- To make your information on opportunities available to all students of the University
- Clear information about the range of recruitment services we offer and to make available our pricing details
- To publicise your event / opportunities widely across the University and by using the most appropriate media
- Our Careers Centre is accessible to users with disabilities
- We aim to ensure that students can participate fully in all activities arranged by employers
WHAT WE CAN EXPECT FROM YOU
- To provide up to date information on your organisation and its graduate opportunities
- To provide full details of your requirements when booking events and facilities
- To recognise the increasing diversity of the graduate market and ensure that all aspects of the recruitment process comply with equal opportunities legislation and best practice
- To keep us informed of any potential adverse issues / publicity regarding the organisation
- Selection processes and methods are clearly explained in advance and during the process
- To provide us with constructive feedback on the effectiveness of our publicity, products, events and services
HOW YOU CAN HELP US IMPROVE OUR SERVICES?
We welcome any comments on any of our services. When visiting the Centre, please complete a feedback form and or feedback comments to a member of staff.
We will deal with any complaints within 5 working days.
For further information please contact us at email@example.com