Talk to us
Talk to us
What we do
The Careers Centre is here to help you make decisions and plan the next steps towards a bright future. From finding work or further study to working out your interests, skills and aspirations, we can provide you with the expert information, advice and guidance you need. It doesn't matter whether you have no ideas and don't know where to start, or are clear on what you want to do and just need some help tweaking your CV; we can help.
If you're a graduate and are no longer based in Leeds, or are unable to make it into the Careers Centre for another reason, we can offer appointments over the phone and by Skype.
How we can help you
With the help of our expert Careers Staff we can give you the right advice to help you succeed in taking steps towards your desired future. The services we offer to do this are:
- Information Resources We have a wealth of information and advice on this website to help you - try searching for the information you need first.
- Events We host a variety of workshops, fairs, presentations and other events to enable you to meet with local and national employers and learn key skills to enhance employability.
- Careers Guidance Appointments If you need help getting started with your career thinking, making decisions or want to talk through your ideas, you can book a guidance appointment with a Careers Consultant.
- Applications Support Appointments - If you need help with applications, interviews, finding opportunities, assessment centres, or anything else relating to job or further study applications.
- Drop-in Service Discuss with an expert what you need help with, this could be from CV checking to what to do next after your degree.
- Mock Interviews Got an interview coming up but not sure how to prepare? We can give you a trial run and provide you with feedback to help you succeed on the day.
- MyCareer Questions For students who are unable to make it to the Careers Centre or for graduates who have moved away. This service gives you access to help and support from one of our expert advisers. Look at our FAQS before you submit your question as you may quickly be able to find the answer there.