Talk to us
Talk to us
What we do
The Careers Centre is here to help you make decisions and plan the next steps towards a bright future. From finding work or further study to working out your interests, skills and aspirations, we can provide you with the expert information, advice and guidance you need. It doesn't matter whether you have no ideas and don't know where to start or are clear on what you want to do and just need some help tweaking your CV, we can help.
How we can help you
With the help of our expert Careers Staff we can give you the right advice to help you suceed in taking steps towards your desired future. The services we offer to do this are:
- Drop-in Service Discuss with an expert what you need help with, this could be from CV checking to what to do next after your degree.
- Events We host a variety of workshops, fairs, presentations and other events to enable you to meet with local and national employers and learn key skills to enhance employability.
- Mock Interviews Got an interview coming up but not sure how to prepare? We can give you a trial run and provide you with feedback to help you succeed on the day.
- Guidance Appointments If you need help making decsions or want to talk through your plans you can book a guidance appointment with a Careers Consultant linked to your faculty.
- eGuidance For students who are unable to make it to the Careers Centre or for graduates who have moved away. This service gives you access to help and support from one of our expert advisers.
- Information Resources We have a wealth of information at the Careers Centre. From 'How to...' books, to takeaway leaflets - you will definitely find something to help you in your career planning. The information room is open from 9am-5pm on Monday to Friday for you to do your own research.