Events for 25 July 2017 - 30 July 2017
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 events
Date: 27 July 2017
This full day bootcamp style event is designed for finalist postgraduate students and new graduates (2017) from the Faculty of MaPS at the University of Leeds. It will involve a day of interactive workshops, live vacancy briefs and networking opportunities. The aim of the day is to ensure that attendees are able to understand their employability needs and move forwards/take the first steps in their post University life. The bootcamp will take you through the full cycle of employability from teaching you how to discover and decide what you would like to do through to training you how to successfully compete for the opportunities available to you as a next step.
Please note the bootcamp is open to finalist students only
By the end of the day we expect you to be able to know:
- How to locate graduate jobs and opportunities
- How to reflect on your strengths and skills to find suitable opportunities
- How to understand graduate labour markets locally, nationally and internationally
- How to make successful applications and easy methods to help you with this
- How to navigate and enjoy an assessment centre including group work situations
- How to impress at interview
- How to find hidden opportunities through networking both online and face to face.
This is a catered event including lunch, tea, coffee and water. You just need to bring yourself, a mobile device or tablet/laptop and the willingness to get involved and meet others who are also still looking for their graduate opportunity whether that is now or in the future!
If you have any questions about the event please just email Su Maynard, Careers Consultant for MaPS, at email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you there!
Only available for University of Leeds students and recent graduates.