Discover your future | Jobs in the Legal Sector
Date: 26 October 2021
Meet with over 30+ top employers who are keen to speak to you about their roles and opportunities. Get ready to talk about training contracts, internships, placements and graduate level jobs in a legal and other related areas. Some of the organisations you will meet are:
- Addleshaw Goddard
- BPP University Law School
- Clyde & Co
- Cooley LLP
- Crown Prosecution Service
- DWF Group plc
- Flex Legal
- Gateley Plc
- Herbert Smith Freehills
- Hogan Lovells
- Kilburn & Strode LLP
- Latham & Watkins
- Leeds Beckett University (Leeds Law School)
- Morgan Lewis & Bockius UK LLP
- Mountbatten Program
- Nockolds Solicitors
- Pure Business Group
- Search Consultancy
- Squire Patton Boggs
- Taylor Wessing
- Walker Morris LLP
- Ward Hadaway
- Weightmans LLP
- Wilkin Chapman LLP
- Womble Bond Dickinson
- and many more
There are 2 ways to meet with the employers!
- Join their group meetings (if available) where you can learn more about the company and opportunities available. This will be similar to a presentation. Asking questions is good but not mandatory:-)
- Book an exclusive 15 minute 1-on-1 chat - this will be all about you and the employer and you will be expected to ask lots of questions and take notes. What questions you should ask? Thank you for asking, have a quick look here (3 minute read) for great suggestions and attend our event on 28 September to help you prepare. Did you know that most of the employers are represented by young grads who, just like you, were once looking for jobs? Many will be even from Leeds!
Interested? Great - visit Career Fair + (CF+) and start booking meetings with the employers now.
Here are our 7 top tips on how to join us and make the most of the Careers Days:
- Download the CF+ app (Google Play & App Store). You can also register and join in your web browser.
- Create an account – watch this video to see how!
- Allow notifications & add the fair to your calendar.
- New to virtual careers fair? No worries, read this to become a pro. Hungry for more? This is also an excellent article to help you stand out.
- Listen again to the pre-fairs events to help you prepare for the fairs - these took place on 28 September and 30 September and recording area now.
- Important: Do your research, browse attending employers, read their profiles, click on their website - the more employers you check out, the better! Remember majority of the employers will recruit students from ALL academic backgrounds.
- Book 1-2-1 appointments and group sessions (bookings go live on 20 September). Employers are adding their availability on daily basis - if you cannot book an appointment for a particular employer - make sure to log in to CF+ at a later date to check their availability again. Bookings are open up until the day of the fair and some students who don't plan well (but that's not you, is it) will be able to still speak to a range of employers.
Like reading and want even more tips? Here you go:-)
Only available for University of Leeds students and recent graduates.