Frequently Asked Questions
How can I start planning my career?
Break this spiral of panic by developing a systematic career planning structure with small manageable steps. Your strategy will depend on whether you are undertaking a masters course or research. You could start by taking time out to think about:
- why did you undertake postgraduate study?
- what motivates and interests you?
- what is your dream job?
- what is important to you?
- what are your ambitions for the future?
- what is restricting your choice?
The choosing a career section of our website shows a possible career planning strategy.
If you’re stuck in a rut or confused about your options, you may also want to speak to a Careers Consultant. We also run a series of workshops aimed specifically at tackling issues which particularly affect researchers and their job search