Worried about video interviews?
Employers are increasingly using video interviews during both student and graduate recruitment - especially at the moment! You've got access to Shortlist.Me where you can prepare, practise and improve your interview skills online!
There are a range of practice interviews for you to try. You'll be given coaching points throughout your interview and receive artificial intelligence generated feedback on your performance following your interview. You can access Shortlist.me from the Resources tab in MyCareer.
See what good interviews look like with eCareersGrad
eCareersGrad provides high quality, interview-based eLearning courses built around 50+ video-based, candidate-led interview and consulting case example answers that demonstrate what good looks like (and doesnt) with dual recruiter commentary for a range of interview questions and sector interests including consulting, banking, finance, law, policy and the public sector.
We are trialing eCareersGrad until 1st November 2021. Access it from the 'Resources' tab in MyCareer. The Resources tab is in the top right once you're signed in.
Students, register with your @leeds e-mail address but create your own password. This is not single sign-on so DO NOT use your Leeds IT account password.
Graduates see instructions on the registration page.
How we can help you
An interview is a great way for an employer to find out more about your personality as well as your skills. With plenty of preparation, they can be a lot less daunting! Explore the pages below to learn more about how you can be prepared.
- types of interview
- preparing for an interview
- at the interview
- responding to job offers
- commercial awareness
- STAR method
- Giving general interview advice through our bookable appointments.
- Offering mock interviews to give you chance to practise and get valuable feedback from our expert staff.
- A range of workshops on interview technique from both graduate recruiters and Careers Centre staff
- A bank of useful resources to help you prepare for your interview.
- If you have a disability you may find this section useful.
- A wealth of excellent books in our information room and ebooks that you can download or read online such as:
For more visit our eBooks for interviews page